Delighted to be Ethical Gift of the Year Winner 2020
November 01, 2019
Babies teeth begin to develop before they are born, but in most cases don't come through until they're between 6 and 12 months old.
Most children have a full set of 20 milk or baby teeth by the time they're 3 years old. When they reach 5 or 6, these teeth will start to fall out, making way for adult teeth.
Signs that your baby is starting teething are normally:
The two bottom front teeth (lower central incisors) are usually the first to appear, followed by the two top front teeth (upper central incisors). The NHS provide compressive information on the order of how babies teeth appear.
Baby teething can be very uncomfortable for some and this also makes it an anxious time for new parents.
Here are some ways you can help comfort and soothe your baby during this process:
- Teething toys are specifically designed for teething. They have hard and soft areas that baby can chew on which helps the irritation. They can also be used as part of playtime and take your babies mind off the discomfort.
We offer a whole range of teething products they are BPA free and made from natural materials.
- Rubbing your babies gums with a round circular motion for a few minutes has been shown to help babies teething. Use a clean finger or moistened gauze pad to rub your baby's gums. The pressure can help to ease your baby's discomfort
- Keeping the gums nice and cool with A cold washcloth, or chilled (not frozen) teething ring can be soothing on a baby's gums. An ice cube wrapped in a cloth can help if gently rubbed along the gums.
- If your baby is eating solid foods, you might offer something edible for gnawing on such as a peeled and chilled cucumber or carrot. However keep a close eye on your baby, as any pieces that break off might pose a choking hazard.
- Cuddle and play, who doesn’t like to be distracted from pain, so simply picking your baby up and getting their attention with a toy is a really good way to give some comfort, and distract them.
If teething wasn’t enough to worry about you also need to make sure that all that excessive drooling doesn’t cause any problems. To prevent skin irritation, keep a clean cloth handy to dry your baby's chin. Consider applying a moisturizer such as a water-based cream or lotion.
Teething can be an uncomfortable process, but at least it’s not as expensive as the tooth fairy fees when they start to fall out!
If you have any questions regarding our range of teething toys then please do not hesitate to contact us.
October 07, 2020
August 13, 2020
June 23, 2020